I’m on the look out for people to discuss content strategy with, and it is incredibly hard to find someone interested in this vertical.
These are some of the things I have been experimenting with. Happy to share results and exchange thoughts
- Pageviews growth (increasingly, social referrals are getting more important because they are relatively easier to hack, as opposed to organic referrals through google. Its simple really: Google has been indexing content for way longer than social networks)
- What are the distribution channels (forums, social networks, search engines)
- Which distribution channel works
- Best organic search practices
- Google trend analysis (been using this but not sure if im missing out any best practices. Is anyone using them?)
- Facebook news feed optimization (news feed is a better way to get eyeballs than facebook pages)
- Content syndication (good for SEO value but traffic value might not be that high)
- Twitter as a content distribution channel (I find Twitter has relatively low traffic value compared to FB).
- Sources of News (mostly through social networks. Here’s an article worth reading by Mark Cuban: Is Search Changing?)
You know how to reach me. 🙂 Twitter’s @jackyyapp and email’s email@example.com